Birth Doula Services
- Commitment-free initial interview
- Two prenatal visits, in which we will discuss your hopes regarding your birth, go over comfort measures, and discuss your birth preferences and plan.
- Education for the birth partner in comfort measures for pregnancy, labor, and birth, including demonstration of how to use a rebozo for support and comfort (my fee includes a rebozo for you and your partner to keep and practice with throughout pregnancy, if you choose to)
- Phone and email support throughout your pregnancy
- Information and discussion about pregnancy, birth, and newborn care
Labor and Birth Support
- Twenty-four hour on-call support beginning at 37 weeks
- Continuous support throughout labor, whether at your home, hospital, or birth center in Albuquerque or surrounding areas.
- Comfort measures including counter pressure, position suggestions, physical support, rebozo techniques, and relaxation techniques
- Emotional support and information throughout labor
- Sounding board for on-the-spot decisions
- Relief and support for your partner
- Protecting the birth space as much as possible and creating a comfortable environment.
- Continued presence for up to three hours immediately postpartum
- Help with initiation of breastfeeding, if needed
- Phone and email availability
- Home visit within the first four weeks
- Prenatal and Postpartum Support Package: This package includes everything in the prenatal and postpartum support categories, plus additional childbirth education for you and your partner. This package does not include birth doula support. It is perfect for those who desire more individualized childbirth education, and the benefit of having a doula available to talk through questions throughout pregnancy, but may not be able to afford the full birth doula package. This package is $300.
- Full Birth Doula Package: This package includes everything described above. The cost for this package is $550.
- Group Childbirth Preparation Classes: Ten hours of instruction with other expectant parents (five two hour classes) costs $125 per couple.
- Private Childbirth Preparation Classes: Ten hours of personally tailored instruction for you and your birth partner. The cost for this package is $200, or $100 if you purchase the Full Birth Doula Package.
- I want every woman to have the support she deserves for her birth, so please contact me to discuss discounts, payment plans or free services.